onceamy posting in bakeitup
I found these in a diet cookbook (Symply Too Good to Be True 2, 1999) -- surprisingly, they work awesomely:
- 1 ½ cups mixed fruit
- 1 ½ cups fruit medley
- 1 level teaspoon mixed spice
- ¾ level teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2 cups boiled tea (strong)
- 2 cups self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180° fanforced.
- Combined fruits, bicarb soda, mixed spice, and tea, leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Gently fold flour into mixture in one go. Do not beat as this will make the muffins brittle.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin tray with oil and spoon mixture into muffin tin, dividing equally into 10 cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes and then turn out into a wire rack.